Friday, November 2, 2018

Louisiana's Way Home

















I never read Raymie Nightingale - gasp. I just never got to it in my first round of MSBA reading and it didn't make our short list that year.  I hesitated on reading this because I was worried it was a sequel and it wouldn't make sense.  Totally wrong - it stands alone and was wonderful.  I only knew about the other book because I knew - yes Raymie and other characters are mentioned but not necessary to the plot of this.

Louisiana is woken up in the middle of the night by her Granny and told they must leave for the reckoning.  For some reason her granny feels that she must address a family curse so they leave Florida and drive north.  Along the way Granny becomes ill with major tooth issues and Louisiana not only drives but also finds a dentist for her granny.  Then they find a place to stay.  Granny is still very sick and Louisiana ends up having to sing for her supper - literally.  But then Granny leaves to tackle the curse on her own and drops a truth bomb right before - she isn't even Louisiana's granny - she was found in an alley.

Now what?  Who is Louisiana?  The book was a quick read, Louisiana is a quirky sweet character.  I enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment