Monday, July 25, 2016

The Mighty Odds

















When I saw who the author of this book was I immediately requested it.  The first book in the Popularity Papers series was on the Maine Student Book Award list and the series is popular in my school.  I was hoping for the same with this.

This book focuses on several kids and a substitute teacher who develop some weird abilities after a bus accident.  Normally the students would have had nothing to do with each other but the accident and the weird after effects have drawn them together.  What really caused the accident?  Why can one of them teleport and another start fires?  Why can one see an invisible man and why is that man invisible?  And what about super thumbs and hearing people's thoughts.

This was very quirky and I had a hard time figuring out what was going on.  Then it ended abruptly and I still don't know what's going on.  I read it as an eBook and I would really like to see the print copy because I think some things were missing.  Overall, I liked it and will probably buy the series for my school but I may wait until at least the second one is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment