Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Crossing the Line


















Jocelyn was kidnapped 10 years ago by a North Korean spy agency and forced to become a spy for them.  But ever since she learned that her parents were part of a US spy agency she has tried to figure out a way to escape.  When KATO decides to send her in as a double agent she finds her opening.  But with old grudges from past encounters and some secrets that she doesn't want anyone to know, it is hard for Jocelyn to not only gain the trust of the US agents but also to trust herself.  Can she convince KATO she is still working for them and prevent a war from breaking out.

I really enjoyed this a lot.  Nonstop action and Jocelyn's character and her struggles were very real.  It was painful though - to see how the agency controlled her and what she had to overcome.  With several fbombs early in the book I knew it wouldn't be a book I could recommend for MSBA or even have in my library but I will be sending it to the junior high or high school.  I may even have to take time out to read the next installment when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment