Thursday, July 14, 2016

A Boy Named Queen


















I am not sure what to do with this book.  The description on NetGalley interested me but as I read the book - quickly - I realized the description was the whole book.  There needed to be a lot more.

Evelyn's mom controls her and she is a good girl.  When Queen, the new boy, moves in she is horrified by the bullying her receives and becomes his friend.  She is the only one invited to his birthday party where she mets his parents - one of whom was in a famous rock band.  Then she brings something special to their share and hype at school and... that's it.  

I was confused by the time period - at first it felt 70s - the shoes, the chalk but then there were cell phones.  Was that intentional?  Just too short...

No comments:

Post a Comment