Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Enchanter Heir by Cinda Williams



I got this book on NetGalley and per usual I chose it because of the cover not realizing it was part of a series.  That hampered my understanding of the book somewhat.  I still enjoyed it though.  

Jonah Kinlock survived the Thorn Hill Massacre but at a terrible cost.  He and the other survivors have become savants with special abilities but also health issues.  Years later they are still trying to figure out what caused the massacre and there is a lot of infighting among the guilds.  Emma is also a savant who lived at Thorn Hill before the massacre.  But there is a lot of mystery surrounding her - who was her mother, what did her father have to do with the massacre if anything, and what is her special ability.  There is also a love interest between Jonah and Emma but since his very touch is fatal their first kiss results in her (near) death.  

This was an interesting book and I'd probably read more in the series - in my spare time - ha.  It was a bit too violent and explicit for my audience though.

Ribbett...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment