Monday, August 5, 2013

Rump by Liesl Shurtliff

 

I have heard a lot of buzz about this book so I decided I needed to give it a read.  I was not disappointed.

This is the story of Rumpelstiltskin.  When he was born his mother was dying and only managed to get out the Rump part of his name.  As one might imagine that had caused trouble ever since.  In this twist we follow Rump as he learns about his magic, we see how the miller takes advantage of him, how the miller tells the king it is his daughter who can spin straw into gold, and so on.  However, this version is told by Rump and of course there are some differences and some things Rump learns along the way including his real name.

I really enjoyed this book.  Not only was it a good story but there was a lot to think about in regards to destiny and choices. Well done!

Ribbett...


No comments:

Post a Comment