Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An Army of Frogs by Trevor Pryce

   

First all let me say that I am not a big fan of animal fantasy.  Really...I have never been able to get through Wind in the Willows so I was already predisposed not to like this before I even started.  Of course, I am a frog fan but alas, it wasn't enough.

Darel is just an ordinary wood frog but he has a big heart and determination to defend the Amphibilands.  When the scorpions and spiders join forces the frogs are in trouble, especially when the spider queen can destroy the Veil which has hidden and protected the Amphibilands.

Once I got through the first third of the book I enjoyed it okay.  There was enough action for me to want to finish but it really wasn't a big hit for me.  The spider queen is still alive and appears to have saved a scorpion so it looks like the stage is set for a sequel.  Because I got the book as a member of the Maine Student Book Award committee I will be putting it in my library.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of my students really like it.  I am hoping that some of my older students will start reading my blogs and making comments.  I would actually love it if some of them disagree with me and like it :)

Croak for me...but who knows what my students will think ;0






No comments:

Post a Comment