Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bluffton by Matt Phelan

 

This is the type of graphic novel I enjoy.  The graphics themselves were more muted and less frenetic.  There was a great story going on and I felt I could keep up with the action.

Bluffton tells the story of Bluffton, MI where vaudeville spend their summers including Buster Keaton and his family.  The narrator of the story is a teenager like Buster at the time and they spend the summer swimming, playing baseball, and goofing around.  The narrator is interested in learning more about Buster's tricks but Buster is content to just laze around.

I really enjoyed the story.  I have a little bit of background into Buster Keaton.  The problem is that I am not sure what the draw will be.  While it is well done I am not sure I'll find an appreciative audience at my school.

Ribbit from me...


No comments:

Post a Comment