Saturday, August 10, 2013

Chitchat: Celebrating the World's Languages by Jude Isabella

 

When this book arrived I had 2 thoughts - cool topic, weird pictures.  My daughter, who wants to be a linguist and is very into languages thought the same thing.  I read the book and it did have some great information about languages.  It was very informative.  But there was a disconnect for me.  The illustrations didn't seem to match the content.  The content really seems geared for older students - grades 6 and up but the illustrations were geared younger.

I received the book from the publisher because I am on the Maine Student Book Award committee.  I will be putting the book in my school library for grades 1 - 5.  I will be curious to see how it circulates.

I don't want to give it a croak because the information was good.  I don't think I can ribbett either.  I will be a sleeping frog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment