Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Channing O'Banning and the Rainforest Rescue by Angela Spady



I don't read a lot of early reading fiction so maybe that was why this book didn't really work for me.  It was very short and just didn't seem developed enough. I was not able to really get to know any of the characters and the there just wasn't enough conflict.  The family didn't get to the rainforest until at least halfway through the book and then the rescue was when Channing got lost.  After traveling to the rainforest Channing went home and decided to take up the cause of fighting to save the rainforests but I didn't think there was enough in the story to really make anyone care.  

Like I said if I was more in tune with early readers I  may have liked this story more but I typically read novels for grades 4 and up and this just didn't seem to cut it for me.  

Sorry...



No comments:

Post a Comment