Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My Secret Guide to Paris

Image result for my secret guide to paris 

I was pleasantly surprised by this.  To get it as a paperback from Scholastic...no hardcover???  Why not??? Cute preteen on cover??  But this actually had more substance than I thought.

Nora has always loved hearing about Paris from her grandmother and they have planned a big trip in the spring.  But then her grandmother dies in an accident.  Nora is unsure if the trip is still on bt then she finds tickets, a mysterious box, and a set of letters and clues.  After talking her mother into going she struggles with participating in the hunt with her mother.  But her grandmother had it all planned out and wanted mother and daughter to participate together,  Can a trip to Paris bring them closer together?

Like I said - more substance.  I still feel it is mainly a "girl" book but a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment