Monday, September 23, 2013

Chupacabra by Roland Smith

 

I have read Cryptid Hunters several times with book groups.  I have never read Tentacles but many of my students have.  I was very curious about how this book would be and if it could stand alone.

So as far as standing alone, Smith does a good job of catching the reader up.  But, there is still no replacing actually reading the other books.  I wish I had read Tentacles just because I missed out on some character development.  

As far as the book itself, I thought it was a lot of fun.  There was a lot of action and adventure and even some violence but not so much that I would worry about giving it to my students.  There was a lot of time between the second and third book and you can tell the series isn't done because Marty's parents are still missing.  When will the 4th book come out???

I liked the book...Ribbit...

No comments:

Post a Comment