Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tear You Apart



This is not on the MSBA shortlist and it never will be....sigh...  This is one of those times I wish there was a YA award in Maine and I was on the committee because I would so be recommending this book.  Why did I read it when I should be reading from the MSBA shortlist?  Netgalley hoarding and archiving and those darn publishers who are already publishing 2015 books ;0

It was evident in the first chapter that this would not be suitable for my school (K-5) or really MSBA (4-8).  Language, innuendo, violence.  I almost put it down...  But, the mash-up of fairy tales, destiny, love , violence - sucked me right in and I loved it.

The main character is Vivian who has a Snow White curse - meaning she is destined to encounter a huntsman, her stepmother is going to try and kill her (that part of the book was cool by the way - the anticipation, love-hate, destiny), and then her prince would come and rescue her.  Problem is she is in love with Henley her destined huntsman.  

Really liked this....

No comments:

Post a Comment