Saturday, January 31, 2015

How to Outswim a Shark...

 

This is the sequel to How to Outrun a Crocodile...  When I requested this on NetGalley I didn't realize this was the sequel (not sure why) and then I was a bit disappointed because I am usually hard pressed for reading time and don't usually read sequels.  I am glad I made the time for this.  It has been a while since I read the first one,  I didn't recommend it for MSBA (sorry) but I remember that is was pretty good (and I just recommended it to a student yesterday).  If anything I felt this one was stronger.  Maybe because of the conflict that Ana has with her nemesis Ashley.  In the first book it is more black and white - Ana good, Ashley bad.  In this book they become tentative friends and Ana really struggles with that and with other peer pressure, puberty issues.  I enjoyed it and look forward to purchasing the book for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment