Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Hunt for the Hydra

 

This Saturday is our MSBA meeting to create our short list.  Only 3 more days to read a "new" 2014 book.  After that I will need to read any that are on the shortlist that I haven't read yet (and sneak some 2015s in too).

I am so glad I went and got this one and found time to read it.  Satisfied my nerdy sci fi self and it was a lot of fun.  Tycho and his family come from a long line of space pirates  - I mean privateers.  Their mission is to intercept Earth vessels and remove the cargo - all legally of course as part of the continuing conflict between Earth and the Jovian Union.

When they come across a ship which should rightfully be theirs and find instead a person with diplomatic immunity the family gets suspicious.  In addition, Jovian ships are disappearing.  Tycho and his family set off to find answers.

What I liked was some good action, humor, conflict between siblings and the real pirates, and the length was good for most of my students.  I don't really think the lexicon at the end was necessary but then again maybe students with less sci fi, pirate knowledge will need it.  

This was a good read!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment