Friday, March 25, 2016

Absolutely Almost

Image result for absolutely almost 

I am trying to be kind to myself.  My TBR pile is enormous and while I feel a strong obligation to MSBA and reading 2016 books, I also have books that I have never gotten around too or that are calling me...

Glad that I finally read this and wish I had red it in 2014 and pushed for it to be on MSBA then because it was wonderful.  Albie was such a wonderful character, so full of heart.  It hurt to see the way he was treated and even the way his father didn't understand him but it was hopeful in the end.  I do hate the use of the word "retard" but in the context of this story it worked more than in others I have seen. 

Overall I liked the message of the story and am glad it is finally off the TBR pile and into my school library.

Now to finish one I have drudging through from Netgalley...

No comments:

Post a Comment