Sunday, December 6, 2015

Canned and Crushed

Image result for canned and crushed 

It's complicated.  Sandro's father is in the states illegally and underemployed, his mother works hard, Sandro is smart but doesn't really apply himself, and he just found out his sister has a rare disease and needs heart surgery.

Sandro battles his own issues - homework, soccer, helping out at home, a missing Turtle, and friend issues.

What did I think?  I liked Sandro's voice - kind of quirky.  I liked the mention of illegals and the dilemma although...well, he was still illegal.  The sickness of his sister was interesting and especially going back to Mexico for the surgery.  I get how it is cheaper there but....  I travel to Guatemala a lot and I am sure surgery is cheaper there....doesn't mean I would do it there, just sayin.  

Anyway - not bad, not great either.

No comments:

Post a Comment