Sunday, July 28, 2013

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey



Cassie, her dad, and her brother Sam have survived the 1st Wave when “the visitors” arrived and knocked out all the power.  They survived the 2nd Wave when major earthquakes triggered tsunamis and destroyed coastal populations.  They survived the 3rd Wave where a plague was spread by the birds.  In the 4th Wave “Silencers” are picking off the survivors.  But what is the 5th Wave?  Can Cassie survive?  Can she save her brother?  

Ben was a high school football star with a great smile.  He too survived the first 4 waves.  Now he is being trained to detect and destroy the aliens.  Or is he?

Cassie, Ben, and the other survivors must decide who to trust and how to survive this alien invasion where the enemy looks like us, knows how we thinks, and maybe IS us.
 
This was a great book.  I enjoyed it very much.  I appreciated the differing points of view and the way the book messed with my head.  Although, I felt like I knew what was going on relatively early in the book it did not lesson my enjoyment of the book.  Yancey even had a few more surprises to throw in.  I felt the book ended in a satisfying manner but wasn’t too surprised to see that it is the first in a trilogy.  I look forward to reading the other two books.

Ribbett...

No comments:

Post a Comment