Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wolf by Wolf

Image result for wolf by wolf book graudin 

That is a cool cover!!!

I hate getting behind in my reading.  2 of my books on NetGalley have archived but things have been busy and I am fighting a cold. Sometimes I think it would be nice if my job fit the librarian stereotype and I could read at work - ha ha.  

In this book Yael is a Jewish girl who was selected for experiments when she arrived at a concentration camp.  Those experiments changed her.  Not only does she now have blonde hair and blue eyes, but she can also shift her whole appearance.  With the help of others she survives and then escapes the camp.  Now, 11 years later, after Germany won the war, Yael is part of the Resistance and her task is to assassinate Hitler.

To do this, she must impersonate the winner of the previous year's motorcycle race across Axis lands, win the race again,dance with Hitler and kill him.  But,in spite of all her preparation, she doesn't know what to do when her "twin" shows up and when another competitor has a stronger relationship with "her" than she knew.

Good action, intrigue, some what ifs. For my school this book is a bit high but I think it would work in a junior high or high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment