Friday, September 4, 2015

Grounded

Image result for grounded morrison 

This was a really intersting take on the Rapunzel story.  In this version, Rapunzel is very innocent and truly loves the Witch.  So much so that she threatens would be rescuers and wants to forget all about them.  The Witch "allows" her to forget.  But then there is Jack - the Beanstalker - he shows up more than once and won't let Rapunzel forget.  Together they leave the tower in search of the truth.  Along the was Rapunzel finds out more than she may have wished and learns about love, forgiveness, and sacrifice.

I really enjoyed this version.  I have to say it did take me awhile to get into and finish.  Partly because of the beginning of the school year and partly because of the length.  I could have done with about 100 pages less and I worry that my students may be overwhelmed with the length and not stick with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment