Saturday, September 19, 2015

Most Dangerous

Image result for most dangerous sheinkin 

There is no doubt that Steve Sheinkin is a terrfic author of well-researched and interesting non-fiction books. This one was certainly no exception.  I was born in 1969 so the events of the this - Vietnam War, Watergate, etc happened before I was born or when I was very young.  Honestly it is not something I am overly knowledgable about.  Too young when it happened, too much shame and embarrassment over the events so that it wasn't really covered when I was growing up.  As an adult I found this book interesting.  I could see high school students and even junior high students interested in history and especially this time period enjoying it. My students -grades 1 -5 - not so much.  As far as the Maine Student Book Award goes - possibly the upper end of our readership but I don't think it has enough general appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment