Saturday, September 19, 2015

Chickadee Books

Image result for hana hashimoto  

Because of my reading for Maine Student Book Award I don't get to picture books very often.  I brought home the Chickadee nominees that I haven't read this weekend.  I am trying to read half today and half tomorrow (and the last one I haven't read soon - forgot to order it - oops).  

I enjoyed Hana Hashimot because she showd perseverance and creativity while learning to play the violin.  This is an encourgaing book for kids.

Image result for blizzard rocco  

Having grown up near Buffalo, NY and their Blizzard of '77, this book hit just the right note for me.  Loved the boy's creativity and the fact that it actually happened!!!

Image result for boy and a jaguar
  

Awesome book!!  Again a true story, winner of Schneider Family Book Award and actually pairs nicely with Zoo at the Edge of the World!!!

Image result for dragon's extraordinary egg 

Dang...good job Chcikadee committee!!  These all were great!  Loved this one - acceptance, things happen for a reason.giving children timeto grow.  Excellent choices!!



No comments:

Post a Comment