Thursday, February 16, 2017

It Ain't So Awful, Falafel

Image result for it ain't so awful falafel

It is tough being from another country that no one really knows anything about, but then when your country is all of  sudden in the news all the time it is even worse.  That is what Zomorod (Cindy) is struggling with.  You see, she is from Iran in the late 1970's.  So not only is she dealing with normal middle school issues but also a revolution in her home country and the hostage crisis.

I thought this was well done.  Although long, the chapters were short.  Cindy was a great character.  For the most part I felt the time period was accurately depicted.  I did have an issue with the saying about being thrown under a bus.  From the quick research I did I could not find evidence that the saying was used prior to around 1984 or even a bit later.  Minor quibble.

No comments:

Post a Comment