Friday, August 28, 2015

Terrible Typhoid Mary

Image result for terrible typhoid mary 

It is always interesting to me when similar books come out in the same year.  In this case - Fatal Fever which I reviewed earlier this year at http://readingbythepond.blogspot.com/2015/07/fatal-fever-tracking-down-typhoid-mary.html and this one - both about Typhoid Mary.  Both authors decided researching Mary would be a good idea.  Did they know about the others work?  Run into each other while researching?  Who started first?  Just curious.

So since I had already read about Mary earlier this summer there weren't a lot of surprises.  Overall, I felt this book treated Mary better than the other one.  Maybe because this foucsed more on Mary while the other focused on the investigation.  One thing I found interesting about this one was the mention that even if (or when) Mary washed hands thoroughly she still could spread the bacteria.  Very interesting.

I have a copy of Fatal Fever that I received from the publisher.  Getting this one would lead to a cool compare and contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment