Friday, August 21, 2015

A Curious Tale of the In-Between

 

Pram is unique.  She can see and talk to ghosts.  She has a good friend, Felix, who is a ghost.  Raised by her 2 aunts, Pram has always felt a bit guilt about her mother's death and curious about her father.  When Pram befriends a boy, Clarence, who has also lost his mother they set out to find answers.  Unfortunately the attract the attention of a psychic who is very interested in Pram's abilities. 

Very interesting book.  I wish there had been more to the story with Lady Savant - more about their interactions and more time to find out her story.  I felt like Pram's time with Lady Savant was the meatiest part of the book and yet it felt rushed to me and very nebulous instead of well explained.  There was a time about 1/2 way through the book that I thought - nope too sad for my readers but then it all came out okay in the end.

Overall I enjoyed the book and its creepiness will make it appeal to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment