Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Whole New World

Image result for whole new world book 

Interesting....  when I first started reading this I was thinking "this isn't much different than the movie" and it wasn't...until Jafar got the lamp and was able to keep it...  Then things got very different.

What I liked was how the author was able to retain the characteristics of our favorite characters even while changing things up.  And things got changed up...even including Zombie armies.  There was more to the romance of Jasmine and Aladdin, some conflict between the best way to handle Jafar and his evil magical book, and some fun new characters.

I did feel the book was a bit long and I struggle a bit with the audience.  Obviously it is too mature and dark for the Disney crowd but will teens read it or be turned off by the Disney association or perceived association?    I will be curious to see how this does.

No comments:

Post a Comment