Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mothman's Curse

Image result for mothman's curse 

It was so funny.  I started reading this book and told my 17 year old daughter about it.  She said, "I've heard of Mothman...can I read it when you are done?"  Sorry...I had never heard of Mothman...

In this book Josie and her 2 brothers stumble into the Mothman's Curse while helping their dad at an estate that is about to go up for auction.  Their dad claims he saw the Mothman right before he got injured.  While picking up after their dad's accident Josie and her brother Fox find papers and artifacts belonging to the mysterious John Goodrich.  Josie also finds a moth pin.

By picking up that pin, Josie, unknowingly became the next victim of the curse.  If she can't rescue the town from an upcoming accident many people will die.  If she does manage to save them, she will die.  Unless, she can somehow break the curse.  Josie and her brothers - along with the ghost of John Goodrich - try to find out as much as they can about the curse and how to break it before it is too late.

This was a good read.  I think students will like the creepiness and the urban legend that it relates to.  My only concern is that the length (310 p) will be a bit long for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment