Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Eden's Wish

Image result for eden's wish 

This book surprised me.  There was more to it than meets the eye.  Unfortunately I don't think the cover does the book any favors.  It makes the book appear more girly and for a younger audience than it really is.  

Eden is a genie but she doesn't really want to be.  At 12, she has just recently started her granting career and she is counting down the wishes.  In all she has to grant 999 wishes and then she can grant one final wish for herself.  But she wants out now...and when she discovers a ladder out of the lamp she escapes.

But living on Earth is not as easy as she thought, especially when a group or former genies, known as Electra want to steal the lamp from Eden.

Who can she trust?  How can she stay on Earth with her new friends?  What is the right thing to do?

Like I said, more meat than I thought but I think the book will be hampered by the cover.  I wasn't a big fan of the ending - a cliffhanger and a tease for the next book for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment