Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thrones & Bones: Frostborn

Image result for thrones and bones 

I am usually not one for high fantasy - anything involving a map and trolls, etc is usually not my cup of tea.  Plus the fact that this book has over 30o pages.  When I am still trying to read 20ish books in the next 2 weeks I like the books to be a bit shorter...

That said I did actually enjoy this.  I found Karn and Thianna to be fun characters and there was enough action and mystery to keep me going.  Yes, the disgruntled uncle who tells the son to run away after the "death" of his dad screamed Lion King and the dragon reminded me of the Hobbit but there was enough good that it all worked out.  Yes, it is incomplete and is set up for a sequel and there were a lot of loose ends but it wasn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment