Thursday, February 19, 2015

Space Case

Image result for space case stuart gibbs 

I will confess I tackled this one because other than the audio book, The Luck Uglies, this is the longest MSBA shortlist book that I had left.  At 336 pages it was a bit daunting and I do worry about length with my students but....

I did really like this.  Dashiell is on Moon Base Alpha with his parents, his sister, and other scientists and space tourists.  At the beginning of the book he overhears a conversation between Dr. Holtz and someone else.  Dr. Holtz is really excited and about to make an amazing revelation.  Then, the next thing Dashiell knows is that Dr. Holtz walked out of the airlock in an improperly fitting suit and is dead.  Dashiell thinks all along that there has been foul play but he has been told not to investigate.  With the help of a new girl on the base and a temporary worker Dashiell sets out to prove what happened to Dr. Holtz.

Yes...long but good...

No comments:

Post a Comment