Monday, February 9, 2015

Seeker

 

I really enjoyed this YA book.  I do hate that some have compared it to Hunger Games - not necessary.  This was different and unique.  Quin has been training to be a Seeker her whole life along with John and Shinobu.  But on their final training day Briac, Quin's father, fails John.  Then, when Quin and Shinobu take their oath they find out that Briac has misled them all along.  But John too, hasn't been completely honest about his intentions either.  Now they are all fighting for control of the ancient tools needed to take them THERE and to other places.  For good or for their own purposes? 

This was a freaking long book but I amused myself on the latest snow day with it.  Yes, I should have been reading a MSBA short list book but it was going to be archived...  I will get to all the shortlist books anyway - I think.  Anyway...this was good, probably to long and mature in spots for next year's MSBA but I did like it.  Not sure how long the series will be but there were a lot of loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment