Friday, February 13, 2015

2 NetGalley catchups...



Image result for platypuses hirsch    

So I had 2 books that are due to be archived today on NetGalley.  Both were short so I read them tonight.  What I didn't like / don't like it when the date is not set and I put them off / don't get to them and then they get archived (2 titles today).  Bummer - I wanted to read them.  I probably should be better about getting to those "not sets" and probably not hoarding in the first place... Or downloading them as soon as I get them because I can go back and review them even if archived...Hmmmmmm.

So...Platypuses was interesting.  The structure to me was kind of odd because it compared platypuses to a few other animals some of which were really not similar at all (giraffes, dolphins).  In the end I get it - the structure was more of a look at similar and dissimilar traits but I think it would have been more clear to use the term contrast.

  

The book about place hacking was really cool.  I had never really heard the term but have seen images of people who have done it.  I think it is an interesting idea.  I would probably never do it.  Too much of a rule follower but I think it is neat - to an extent - again rule follower.  Debating about purchasing the book given the ages of my students (5th grade and younger).  I think it would be great for middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment