Sunday, February 8, 2015

Nine Open Arms

 

This was quite the interesting book.  It was translated from Dutch and so some of the names and words were a bit tricky.  I was having a hard time getting into it but once the book got to the story of Charley and Nienevee and the mystery of the house then it got more interesting.  

As I think about my readers, my school, and my attempt to get them to read MSBA books I am not sure this would be a big draw.  Yes, it ended up being good but would my students stick with it?  Could I justify the purchase if I don't believe it will have wide appeal?  This is for a more sophisticated reader.  I don't want to belittle my own readers but they have homework and other things that draw their attention.  I want to make sure the books I recommend for the list are worthwhile and/or kid friendly and not too cumbersome and just ones that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment