Saturday, February 21, 2015

Nellie Bly and Investigative Journalism...

Image result for nellie bly and investigative journalism for kids 

I guess shame on me for making assumptions and not reading the whole cover.  I thought this book was primarily about Nellie Bly.  While Nellie Bly was featured at the beginning and more time was spent on her life than any other, there were also several other mini-biographies of Ida Tarbell, Upton Sinclair, and others.  The book was still interesting but not quite what I was expecting.  I was a bit disappointed in the 21 activities.  Again I assumed they would be more focused on investigative journalism and instead most of them were more general writing activities.

I think if teachers are doing units on investigative reporting and need background info on some of these reporters than this would be a good fit.  For a general audience???

No comments:

Post a Comment