Friday, December 5, 2014

The One Safe Place

 

This was a very different dystopian book.  In the future the earth is very dry.  The rich control the water and get richer.  The poor are very poor.  Devin has been fortunate enough to live with his grandfather on a nice, safe, relatively normal piece of land.  But when his grandfather dies Devin can't manage by himself and goes to the city for help.  Soon he becomes tricked into going to Gabriel Penn's Home for Childhood an idyllic refuge for children - or so they think.  But everything is not as it seems and the children are being used in an experiement.

This was not what I expected but I really enjoyed it.  I was worried as I started it that it would skew too old for my students but t didn't...very interesting book.

No comments:

Post a Comment