Sunday, December 28, 2014

Bookmarks are People Too

 

I have been surprised that my students have not gravitated to the Hank Zipzer series.  I think they are a lot of fun.  When I received this first book in the new series I was pretty excited - maybe I can entice my younger students with Hank and the font is a bonus.  

So what about this book?  It was okay...Newbery wqorthy, no.  I was a bit annoyed that the teacher didn't do more about the bully...but I guess you need the bully for conflict.  I did like that Hank was successful in the play due to his quick thinking and memorizing the lines.  What I wish is a teacher who understands his needs and works to address them - maybe more hope for Hank from the adults - not just his friend getting him through.  Of course, those are picky from an educator stand point.  I will be curious to see how the students feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment