Monday, December 22, 2014

Bringing Down the Mouse

 

So I almost didn't read this book.  The cover...well, I don't think it is the best.  But, I wanted to give it a shot and needed to get it returned to the library.  As I started reading it I thought the plot seemed familiar - learning how to beat games mathematically - and then I looked at the author bio.  Ben Mezrich wrote Bringing Down the House which the movie 21 was based on.  Cool.

I really enjoyed the book.  Charlie is a math geek who is recruited by a very cool seventh grader to be in a group called the Carnival Killers.  Their goal is to beat carnival games at Incredo Land and win 8 lifetime tickets and a small cash prize.  Things go really well for them until Charlie discovers that the leader of the group isn't who she claims to be and his conscience gets the best of him.

Sure...the reader has to suspend belief quite a bit but it was a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment