Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Super Max and the Mystery of Thornwood's Revenge


















Max (Maxine) lives with her grandfather "Topper" who is a police chief in town.  Max is in a wheelchair due to a car accident when she was younger.  She doesn't live with her mom because - well, doesn't seem like mom can deal with it.  Things are good until there are mysterious lights in Thornwood Manor, there are damaging messages on social media about her grandfather, the mayor, businesses in town, and then there are fires being set.  But who is behind all of it and why?  Can Max and her friend Lavender figure it out before her grandfather loses his job and she is sent to live with her mom.

I normally have really enjoyed this author's work but this one fell flat for me.  On the one hand I can appreciate the character of Max but she seemed young to me overall until she was "pissed" at the end.  I also felt that the book dragged until the last bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment