Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Beast and Crown


















I just don't think fantasy is my thing anymore - especially what I consider more high fantasy with creatures, made up setting, etc.  I did like this at first but as it went along and especially as I realized it wasn't really going to end I really lost interest.

Ji is a boot boy and he is so sick of being a servant, especially when is means you can be sold like his friend Sally's brother or mistreated.  Ji has been slowly stealing trinkets off the boots he's cleaning in order to buy Chib back but all that is thrown away when he and his friends are forced to serve Brace who is going to be in the Diadem Rite that chooses the next king or queen.  Unfortunately for them the rite is not pleasant.  Can Ji and his friends save Chib and avoid being killed?

Like I said, I enjoyed this at first but it got kind of long and I knew there would be a sequel.  I did like when Ji found out what he had been turned into.


No comments:

Post a Comment