Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Ship to Nowhere

Image result for the ship to nowhere book

I was familiar of the plight of the Exodus which attempted to get Jewish refugees into then British controlled Palestine.  I have seen the movie Exodus and also the book by Leon Uris.  I was curious to see what this book, intended for young readers, would have to say about this event.

While I did find the book interesting and factual I wish it have been more of a narrative of the characters that were portrayed.  This was done to some extent but I think it may have been more powerful to pursue that method of writing more actively.  As interesting as this is, I am not sure my particular readers will gravitate towards it.  For schools that already study the Holocaust and its effects I think this would be a great addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment