Saturday, September 10, 2016

Compass South


















Readers, I do try.  I don't have a problem with my students reading graphic novels - I just find them awkward, probably mostly due to my reading speed.

So, I liked the premise of this and the beginning.  But once our main Alex and Cleo had to run away and met up with other red headed twins then it just got so confusing.  Both sets of twins were separated and ended up with one of the others, on ships headed to San Francisco eventually.  Then the ending - they reunited, original twins went separate ways, lost father found with little explanation, and - oh there will be a sequel.  

That kind of thing doesn't work well for me.  I would also hate to put it out to my kids unless I already had the sequel in hand so if I do eventually get it I will do it after the sequel is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment