Monday, January 11, 2016

My Seneca Village

Image result for my seneca village 

I love historical works that uncover little known facts.  I knew nothing about the Seneca Village that was where Central Park is today.  Through multiple points of view, spanning many years, the reader gets glimpses into the lives of the people who lived there.

What I think... while the poems themselves would be easy enough to read I think the format would be difficult for our readers.  The jumping around of characters and the time spread requires background knowledge and the ability to piece everything together. I think it would be a great accompaniment to a study of the time period or as a discussion where students could piece together the timeline and connections between poems and events.  Overall, too sophisticated a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment