Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Blackthorn Key

Image result for blackthorn key 

Things have been so crazy lately. I am behind on NetGalley, need to read for Cybil, and have books I had requested for MSBA that I need to read since I have them.  I need more time.

I had put this book on hold for MSBA and am quite glad it is also nominated for Cybils.

Christopher Rowe works as an apothecary aprentice.  His master is good to him and Christopher loves his work.  But mysterious things start hapening and other apothecaries are being killed.  Master Benedict gives Christopher a stange box and shortly after is also killed.  Can Christopher dicipher the riddles and figure out who killed his master?

I liked this okay but I think I wished for more riddles.  It was quite long (371 pages) but I read it rather quickly actually.  Not the best book I have read but certainly not the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment