Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pay it Forward: Young Reader's Edition

 

I loved the adult version of the book and the movie.  I even tried to do some Pay it Forward activities in my class after reading the book the first time.  But one of the problems was that there was content in the original version that was too edgy for my students.  I was so excited when I saw this young reader's edition.  I can't remember a lot of details so it is hard for me to see where the editing was done but that is a good thing.  This edition was just as good and powerful as the original.  I only found one area where I felt something could have been taken out that was kept in and it seemed a bit awkward and that is when Rueben stayed at Arlene and Trevor's house the first time.  It was hinted at but was just a bit weird how it transitioned.  Otherwise great book and of course a wonderful idea to try and impart to our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment