Sunday, November 2, 2014

EKHO: Evil Kid Hunting Organization

 

I get it...bullies are everywhere and I know that even though schools, parents, etc try to prevent and educate students about bullying that it still happens.  In theory I even like some of what this book encourages - standing up to it, working together to fight against it

But...the main character in this book is a 4th grader.  I can buy the tech part..there are some really bright, tech kids out there.  I can even accept that the language is probably also more prevalent than I want to admit but does that mean I want to see it in books that I hand to my students?  Am I comfortable having a book with WTF (yes it is only the abbreviation but they know what it stands for) and asshole being used by 4th graders throughout the book?  Sorry nope....

No comments:

Post a Comment