Saturday, November 1, 2014

Dreamer, Wisher, Liar

 

Ashley has just recently found out that her best friend is moving away.  She has always relied on her friend Lucy because she suffers from face blindness - she can't recognize people.  To make matters worse she is stuck babysitting a 7 year old girl while Lucy is away at camp.

Then Ashley discovers a wishing jar full of old wishes and what is truly amazing is that the wishes transport her in time.  In her time travels she witnesses episodes in the life of another Ashley and her friend Shue.  Ashley tries to piece together the mystery of the two girls from the past while also trying to figure out how they fit in with her own life.

I really enjoyed this book.  I love time travel type books and I felt like the plot came together well.  I figured out a few things early on but the intended readers would probably be more surprised.  I can definitely see this as a purchase for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment