Friday, October 25, 2013

Turn Left at the Cow by Lisa Bullard

 

Wow, October is almost done.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.  There are so many books out there to be read.  My TBR pile is quite high and the Cybils list is long.  Plus I am taking a class towards my SLIS degree.  I really just want to read a great book and I don't want to miss something fabulous.  For the first time while reading for both committees I didn't finish a book.  Just couldn't force myself.

Now about this book.  When Travis runs away from home to his grandmother's house he finds a lot more than he bargained for.  Sure he knows his dad disappeared before he was even born and is presumed dead.  What he didn't know was that he had been involved in a bank robbery right before he disappeared.  To make matters worse the money was never found but  all of a sudden some of the cash shows up when Travis gets to town.  Everyone suspects Travis knows where the money is and someone is desperate to find it.  With the help of Kenny and Iz Travis searches for the money.

This is another case of a little too long for me.  It got bogged down a bit in the middle but I enjoyed the ending...didn't figure it out which is always good :)  I liked the book - I don't think it rises to the very top but it was good.

Ribbit...

You know, I'm thinking of changing that to Readit...maybe a certain number of Readits to indicate how well I liked the book?


No comments:

Post a Comment