Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Homework Ate My Homework by Patrick Jennings

 

Can I tell you first that the cover annoys me?  The girl is far too young looking and the boy???  If it is Wain, he was hardly at the house at all and certainly not when the ferret was stealing the homework.  The cover doesn't do the story justice.

Okay...on to the book.  This has been nominated for the Cybils and I had already purchased it for my library.  It was very cute.  Zaritza is a drama queen and fully expects to be cast in the role of Calamity Jane in a school production.  Problem is she has gotten behind in math.  She promises to watch the class ferret and make up her work over break but then the ferret eats her homework (what little she had done).  The first half of the book is all about how she struggles to finally get caught up in math.  Thr second half is about how she deals with the disappointment of not getting cast as Calamity Jane,  

It was an easy, fun read.  Not overly deep or anything.  The friendship message was good although maybe rushed a bit...Overall though I liked it.

Readit...




No comments:

Post a Comment