Sunday, October 20, 2013

Seeing Red by Kathryn Erskine



 

I got this book on NetGalley after seeing that it was nominated for a Cybils award.  To me this is another case of a book that is a little too long.  There is a lot going on in this book...racial tensions, loss of a father, women's liberation, dealing with the death of a father, abuse, and righting a wrong from over 100 years ago.  I really enjoyed the book...especially the last 100 pages or so.  I just felt that it dragged a bit in the middle and could have been tightened up some.  There is a lot to mull over in this book though and I felt it was a good read.

As a librarian in a grade 1-5 school I am not sure if I will purchase the book for the library - mainly because of the length...hmmm

Ribbit...


No comments:

Post a Comment