Friday, October 4, 2013

Nonfiction Bundle




  

My students love books about Bigfoot.  This book matches with the show on Animal Planet but students wouldn't have needed to watch the show.  At times the information was redundant and there were a lot of pages.  I can see my kids checking it out and looking at pictures and skimming.  Not sure many will read the whole thing.  It was a good text though and very informative.

Ribbit...





    

I am not a big fan of dinosaur books but I did read this book.  For me it was too technical and I am not sure how many of my students will wade through all the facts.  I can see many students checking it out to look at but reading it???  I am going to croak on this just because it was a bit dry.



    

This was an interesting look at George Washington and the slaves he owned.  What was interesting to me was how his perspective changed and how conflicted he became about owning slaves but yet could not find a way to release them before his death.  I enjoyed the book and found it to be good reading.  Not sure how it will appeal to students.

Ribbit...



No comments:

Post a Comment